Is it Normal for an almost 5month old baby to poop every feeding?

My daughter is turning 5 months on the 19th and since last sat she's been pooping every feeding..about 5-6 times a day. its mustard colored, not runny with a little mucus in it.before she used to poop once a day.our pedia suggested to give her pedialite and shifted her temporarily to soy milk but there's no changes. How long must i give her the pedialite and soy milk.Do i need to be worried?

Purplepeonies

Asked by Purplepeonies at 2:32 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I don't think it's normal; keep giving pedialite to her until she doesn't go so much. Even though it's not runny I would still consider that diarreah (sp) Is the soy milk bc doc thought she was allergic? If it doesn't improve after 2wks of being on soy I would contact doc for sure, if not earlier. Make sure you continue liquids
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:18 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Doc said that the soy will help with the stools' consistency..how can you tell if baby is allergic to formula? we've been feeding her the enfamil gentlease since she was 8weeks old due to colic and fussiness.my DH gave her a milk that was under a lamp for more than an hour friday evening.the following day she started pooping every feeding.she seems ok..theres no changes to her mood since sat.
    Purplepeonies

Answer by Purplepeonies at 4:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2009