Thank you card for presents...

I have always been one to send out thank you cards right away after birthday's, weddings, baby showers etc. I have recently been to 4 events and have not received a thank you card from any. What is your view on sending out thank you cards???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it's the polite thing to do. I love thankyou cards and send them for everything but I also call and thank the person to make it more personable instead of just a card. I know everyone doesn't do it but a thankyou in some form should be common sense.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 2:41 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I think thank you cards are always appropriate. If it's a wedding, graduation, bridal or baby shower, or similar event, I think they should always be sent. If it's a birthday, Christmas, something similar, I think it's nice to send them, but an e-mailed thank you, or a phone call with a thank you are still appropriate. I think a lack of acknowledgment and thanks shows a lack of class and manners!!

People are so much busier today, and technology has given us so many other forms of communication, that I think in more casual instances, you can use other means to thank people. As long as you say thank you!!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 2:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• i had my baby shower 2 weeks ago and i havent sent out all of my thank yous yet. I am slowly making my way thru the list of guests, but i can only do so many at once, lol my hands cramp really fast now
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 2:51 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Personally I see it as a waist of time and money! I hate getting them and never send them. And honestly I think the practice is way out dated! I mean, why were you at the event? Because you wanted to be or because you wanted recognition? If you were only there to get a card, you weren't there for the right reasons and don't deserve one, if you were there because you cared about the people involved then seeing them enjoy your presents should have been enough!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• It is totally appropriate and very good social skills to write a thank you note. Why would you not write and send one?? If the person went to the trouble of getting a gift, and coming to the shower, then why not?? I write thank you notes with something nice about the gift, and if it was money, I say "thank you for your generous gift" They dont need to be very long, just enough to send a message of appreciation. If you have a lot of them to do, you can do a group of say 5 a day until they are done. Diane
    diane08502

Answer by diane08502 at 3:27 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I do not send them for birthdays or christmas, but I do send them for anything esle.
    MooNFaeRie30

Answer by MooNFaeRie30 at 6:22 PM on Sep. 16, 2009