why wont my dandruff go away?

i've only noticed it there for a few weeks. i don't know if i got it cause of the shampoo i was using, which was suave, i think it was for color treated hair, (cause i have dyed purple hair)and i only used the conditioner. i am bi-racial, so my hair is pretty thick and course , and i only wash it every couple of days. could i have gotten dandruff from not washing it enough? i started using the paul mitchell tea tree shampoo cause i heard it was good for getting rid of dandruff and an itchy scalp. i used it before, and it worked good. i just don't know why it's not helping now. am i not washing with it often enough? is there anything else i can use that will make it go away?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• Try head and shoulders 2 in 1, every other day, and use other shampoo in between those days, hope that helps.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 2:44 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• OP- thanks, i will try that. i'm just not used to washing my hair everyday, but i guess that might be the problem. i thought maybe the hair color was causing the dandruff, but i've been using it since march, and i'm just now getting dandruff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:49 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• If you don't wash your hair everyday then alternate the two shampoos on the days you do wash your hair :)
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 2:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I agree head in shoulders rocks for this also if you can stay away from suave it actually makes it worse for some people, My scalp breaks out if i use it, also try switching shampoos each month but keep the head and shoulders also and use it 1-2 times per week. My doctor and i had to keep trying different things and for me the best thing is making sure i dont use the same shamppo over and over, i keep up with the head and shoulders and that i dont use super cheap shampoo like suave.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Have you tried T-Gel or Denorex? I know they smell terrible but my mom had a similar problem and the doctor suggested one of the two. Also, stick with a higher quality shampoo. Cheaper scented shampoos dry out your head, especially when it gets colder.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 9:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• dandruff can be conected to yeast. cut the sugar out of your diet, take acidopholis, do a viniger rinse.
    here is a link for more ideas http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/seborrheic_dermatitis.html
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 12:21 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• i use neutrogena t-gel and it works great but doesn't smell good at all. when you feel like you got dundruff bad you could try lathering your head with it then leaving it on for 20- 30 mins then rinse it off. i think it has more time to work that way.
    momandytai

Answer by momandytai at 8:34 PM on Sep. 28, 2009