Operation Rescue out of money, economy or shifting views?

The Wichita-based organization, which dogged abortion provider George Tiller for years before his murder last spring, is “completely out of money,” according to a letter President Troy Newman sent to potential donors this week.

Newman blames the recession, which he said has supporters keeping a tight grip on their checkbooks. Giving is down 40 percent compared with previous years, he said.

“We ate right through our savings and we laid several people off and cut back on a lot of projects,” Newman said. “We’re one month away from closing our doors.”

The group lost its main opponent when Tiller was gunned down in Wichita on May 31. The group had focused its anti-abortion campaigns on Tiller for years, even relocating from California to Wichita in 2002 because it was home to Tiller’s late-term abortion clinic.

http://www.kansascity.com/115/story/1448955.html

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 2:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The group lost its main opponent when Tiller was gunned down in Wichita on May 31. The group had focused its anti-abortion campaigns on Tiller for years, even relocating from California to Wichita in 2002 because it was home to Tiller’s late-term abortion clinic.

Mission accomplished.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

Mission accomplished.

That's Disgusting!

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:47 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Wow- both of you- just wow
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Wichita is my home town so I am not that sad to see his clinic closed no one is really. There is no need for them in Wichita because there are no abortion providers like him there now. The city is free of a man who brutally slaughtered viable babies. We adopted one of his mistakes she was a beautiful girl who only made it 5 years. He killed women after botched abortions. He was a vile man. I would never condone harming him and am glad the guy that shot him is in jail. I won't be upset his clinic is gone and babies are safe from his murderous hands.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Mission accomplished.

That's Disgusting!

I didn't say I condoned someone murdering the man. I simply stated the obvious. Their mission was to shut him down and he is shut down.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I'm glad they are out of money. Good riddance.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:07 PM on Sep. 16, 2009