what is the point of being a SNOB?

I know of people who spend much more than they make just to make themselves look rich. These people are total fakes. They only hang and talk to people who appear wealthy. Many real wealthy people spot them out a mile away.

Why do people do this? Is it hook up with the wealthy to get in onto additional wealth themselves? If it's because of a low esteem, then why seclude themselves from true humanity?

IMO blue collar workers have a lot of "life" to reflect on. I have had the best time of my life with the working class.

Sincerely,
A working class person

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:51 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• It is absolutely self esteem issues...they have none, they feel if they look and act that way people will think better of them, also, when they put others down and act superior it makes them feel better about themselves. We should pity people like that because they really hate themselves and care way too much about what others think.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 2:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Just so you know you don't have to be rich or wealthy (cuz there's a difference) to be a snob. I know some broke ass people who are just as snobby.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 2:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I can't stand when people live beyond their means. I have a friend like that. She buys expensive stuff and then is broke until her next paycheck. I dont get it .
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 2:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• LOL a friend and I were just talking about this the other day! I was friends with a mom who is Exactly like this, she always purchased things they couldnt afford and gravitated to people who were considered the top in our community, the very sad thing is that when she isnt there the parents talk about her, its a small community people know where you come from and she was raised poor, was a mother of 2 boys and divorced by age 18, she then married the son of two well known community members and has been stepping on people ever since to raise herself up. There is alot more to this story and not enough room here. My point is that if you forget where you come from or try to hide it people will notice and you will never be on an even playing field, if you are proud of who you are and work for what you have people are more likley to respect you and accept you no matter what material things you have or what clothes you wear.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I don't understand it either. What the hell are they trying to prove? I would rather live within my means and always be comfortable rather than splurge on crap I can't afford and always be broke! But I agree with Lady, snobs are all over the place regardless of how much money they have.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 3:03 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• There is no point it's self serving it makes the feel better about themselves.... My mom and Brother are snobs and look down on uneducated people. Meaning anyone without a college education...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:20 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Because they want to feel better about themselves. They don't know how to do that on thier own, so they look down on others and that makes themselves feel better for a little while. Then they have to look down on someone else to get that self esteem boost.

I feel sorry for people who feel like they need that to feel good about themelves.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 3:38 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• cause it's fun
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I think everybody is a little bit snobbish in one or two things they're passionate about.

If you want to see the snob come out in a graphic designer like me, just ask any of us what we think of the font Papyrus (it'll make you laugh).

I don't have a problem with a little passion snobbery, just so long as people are still down-to-earth enough to still be able to laugh at themselves about it.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 3:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• OP here-

I respect interest groups. What I'm talking are the gaudy bling flashers without direction or a clue.

Hey Anon:40,

Why would Snobbery be fun for you? A little fresh oxygen in humanity goes a long way. Take care. Love and hugs
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2009