DON'T KNOW WHERE TO START FOR A PRESCHOOL

I'm a single mom and want the best for my baby girl. I'm just having the hardest time looking for a preschool. I don't know if its because I'm scared or what. How should I go about in doing this. My mom has tooken care of her since she was 3 months so now the whole talk about putting her in school is all new to me. How should I pick the right school. What should I look for?

jazlondra

Asked by jazlondra at 2:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Ask friends, family, co-workers where they took their kids for pre-school. Ask them what they liked about it and what they didn't. Ask them if they would recommend that school. Then go visit that preschool. Watch and see if you feel comfortable there.

You should also be able to contact your local social services agency to see if there are any complaints lodged against the school.

Good luck!
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• You could start by asking for recommendations from friends and family. If you don't get any, then make a list of all the places in your area and call to find out about hours, price, how they handle discipline, what types of learning activities they do with kids your daughter's age, how many kids are with one teacher, any additional costs you should expect, qualifications of the staff, what meals are served, etc. After you have found out what they all offer go through and marl out any that do not appeal to you for whatever reason. Go visit the rest of them. When I was looking I found that I preferred the preschool with the people I liked best, not necessarily the one with the fanciest building. You should also be able to find out about their inspections and any complaints against them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• She's a baby. You have a few years before you have to worry about it! Even checking out the ones around now, they won't be the same in a few years when she's ready to attend! Don't worry about it, relax. Wait until she's closer to 3 at least.

"Tooken"??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Thank you all for your good answers i will use all of them
    jazlondra

Answer by jazlondra at 7:12 PM on Sep. 23, 2009