What's your opinion about Jehovah's Witnesses?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Katrina, I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses, and can say that these two are not acting as they scripturally should by coming back if you have asked/told them not to. Sabrina is right. Call the local Kingdom Hall (possibly under Jehovah's Witnesses in your phone book) and tell the contact there of the problems you are having. I'm embarrassed by this situation. Individuals as in any religion can be particularly zealous but this is harrassment. The elders will give them a ticking off (NOT something you should feel guilty about, btw). Please don't think this is how we intend to behave. It isn't so at all. With best wishes, Jewel x
    Mamkind

Answer by Mamkind at 4:58 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• What about them? Those that I know are very nice people.
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 2:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• What am I supposed to think? It's the same as my opinion of all Christian... As long as they are following the religion that speaks to their heart it's none of my business.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I don't share all their beliefs, but the handful that I've known have been good and kind people.

mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 2:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• There are two who come to my door on a weekly freaking basis and they irritate the crap out of me. I'm not saying that ALL Jehovahs Witnesses are like this. I just get tired of them trying to push their religion on me after I tell them over and over that I'm not interested. I've met a few at the door and after telling them I'm not interested they leave and don't come back. Not these two! NOOOOOOOO! They just keep coming back! Sorry for my rant, they were here again recently so I'm still pretty pissed. I don't yell at them or slam the door in their face, I wish they'd show me the same respect (like they've been asked) and leave me alone!
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 2:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I don't agree with their beliefs. I can't judge them on a personal basis b/c I don't know any....
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 3:02 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Katrina - Call the local Kingdom Hall and complain. Tell them you are not interested and want that to be marked on their "Territory Card". Make it clear that you have spoken with these two brothers/sisters and that they continue to harass you... It will stop!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:03 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I don't know what the local Kingdom Hall is! Will it get them into trouble? I don't want to get them into trouble, lol, I just want to be left alone.
    Katrina3016

Answer by Katrina3016 at 3:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I study with them and I don’t mind them at all. I find that they stand firm with what they believe and are extremely dedicated to the preaching just as Jesus was. I grew up in a few different religions and my grandfather is a minister. Yet in the many churches I have attended I have never seen so many as a whole so dedicated like I have seen in the congregations of Jehovah’s witnesses. I admire how they live their best to be Christ like and you can go to any kingdom hall worldwide and all the people share the same views not one will differ. I find that amazing.
    BabayBella

Answer by BabayBella at 3:12 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• No, you won't get them in trouble. The brother in charge will simply mark on the territory card that you are not to be called on again. And every 5 years or so you will still get one at the door just in case you move and there is someone new living there. And they will just be instructed to leave you alone... You should be able to go to yellowbook.com and run a search on Kingdom Hall and your zip to find the nearest one, you can write a letter as well if you wish, but a call should do it!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2009