Pregnant Sex (TMI)

Now that we're pregnant my husband is very turned on by my body. I'm not necessarily turned off but I find sex to be extremely painful. I don't feel like my vaginal canal is wide enough for him anymore and it feels like the tip of his penis has been covered in glass shards! HELP!!! I want to be intimate with my husband, what can I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You need to talk to your doctor, b/c you could have an infection. That can make sex painful, and women can get them while their pregnant.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:04 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• that happened to me, so me and my SO would not really have sex, but there are other ways to pleasure each other and make love, the last thing my SO would want is to hurt me, even if that means no intercourse.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 3:13 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• When I was pregnant, I had zero sex drive. I would mentally want the closeness of sex, but my body just didn't care and physically made none of the changes that normally happen when you are aroused, resulting in sex being painful. For us, a lubricant helped. It might be worth a shot for you. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:08 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I would bring it up at your next appointment, it shouldnt hurt. DH and I had a very active sex life all 42+ wks of my last pregnancy. This time around, my drive isnt as high but it still doesnt hurt. Could be an infection, or maybe you just need lube. Some women are drier down there while preg.
    ma2b08

Answer by ma2b08 at 7:49 PM on Sep. 16, 2009