What curriculum would you use to homeschool 2 year old twins?

I am a stay at home mom of two year old twin girls. I want to homeschool them this year to prepare them for school maybe next year or the year after. I found the abeka curriculum for two year olds what else is out there?

selsamsav

Asked by selsamsav at 3:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldnt think there would be much out there. Of course, I have never looked, but I would think that most homeschool curriculum would start with kindergarten, or maybe pre-k for four year olds.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:12 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I wouldn't go as far as doing a "curriculum" at 2 years old... Just work with them on their basics, colors, shapes, etc
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 3:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Uh, a two year old? Seriously? Just read books to them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• When I was homeschooled in highschool my mom used abeka and we both loved it. It's very christian based.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 3:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I wouldn't use a curriculum for 2 year olds. We would learn through play, reading, songs and every day life.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I agree with other moms that I wouldn't use a specific curriculum. Just start working with them on the alphabet, counting, colors, and shapes. You can also start teaching them about seasons, days of the week and months of the year.
    riotgrrl

Answer by riotgrrl at 3:39 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• As a mom of almost three year old twins I have to say I agree with many of the other moms: don't focus on a particular curriculum, just read to them and "work" on some of the "basics" through play and your day to day experiences. They're just not that equipped to "sit" and "focus" at that age.

I would also recommend that if you're not already involved in some type of playgroup that you try to find one in your local community. We attend two: one is run by Early Intervention and the other is at a church a few towns over. Getting out, being with other adults (for yourself) and other children (for the kids) is a great way to prepare the twins for pre-school.
    twinclubmom

Answer by twinclubmom at 4:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• They are TWO YEARS OLD!! They're not even supposed to be thinking about school yet!!! Let them play!! They can learn through play! For crying out loud, homeschool or not, TWO YEARS OLD is way to young to start school!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I agree with the others, my son is almost 3 but usinga curriculum just does not work for us. We are homeschooling for now and I just follow what he is interested in then add in counting, colors, numbers all to go with that theme.
    jztmelif

Answer by jztmelif at 4:44 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• i use sesame street. i like them best. lol
    ivelostmyself

Answer by ivelostmyself at 5:39 PM on Sep. 16, 2009