Have you heard about the Army capt.'s case against President Obama?

U.S. District Court Judge Clay Land has thrown out a complaint questioning the president's birth from an Army captain fighting deployment to Iraq and gave a warning to her lawyer, birther maven Orly Taitz.

Land also put attorney Orly Taitz, who represents Capt. Connie Rhodes and is a leader in the national "birther" movement, on notice by stating that she could face sanctions if she ever files a similar "frivolous" lawsuit in his court.

"(Rhodes) has presented no credible evidence and has made no reliable factual allegations to support her unsubstantiated, conclusory allegations and conjecture that President Obama is ineligible to serve as president of the United States," Land states in his order. "Instead, she uses her complaint as a platform for spouting political rhetoric, such as her claims that the president is 'an illegal usurper, an unlawful pretender, [and] an unqualified imposter.'"

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 3:12 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Well it is a free country, and if people want to make idiots of themselves, they should be aloud to do so.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I read about that a while go. LOL. Pretty funny. What is it with that Taitz person? I think she is nuts. Isn't she the one who is suing the Government for encouraging us all to get tainted flu shots? LOL. Oh boy.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 3:39 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• It says a lot about the officers in the military. If an enlisted soldier pulled that, he would be court martialed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Not sure Lindalu but some small town in Russia is missing their idiot! LOL

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Yeah I read about that a while ago too.

I knew it would be thrown out.

That Army Captain is a disgrace to the uniform.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 3:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• In his order, the judge noted that Rhodes had objected only to deployment to Iraq under President Obama, not to serving in the military generally. Rhodes is not the first soldier to object to overseas deployment on the grounds that Obama is not a legitimate president. Stefan Frederick Cook, a reserve soldier who volunteered for an active duty tour, argued that he should not have to go to Afghanistan for similar reasons to Rhodes. The army revoked his deployment orders.

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Honestly, I hate the whole birther movement. I mean 3 think the whole thing is interesting, but the man wouldn't be potus without being eligible.

The whole proof thing is crazy, though, I know it's crazy, but I have to read it all anyway. I like conspiracy theories. They are pretty darn amusing.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 4:07 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• It says a lot about the officers in the military.
    _______

No it doesn't.

And Im surprised it even got that far. In the military, you can't even say 'The President Sucks" without looking over your shoulder.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 4:20 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Just a wimp looking for a way out of service......
    wildboyz1994

Answer by wildboyz1994 at 6:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2009