per-term labor?

So I've been having really bad lower back pain the last few days. today i've been monitoring it closer, it starts to hurt,scale 1-10 i'd say 2, then it gets to the point where it really hurts, i'd say a 5, and my stomach gets really hard. it last for 45 secs to a min. then decreases. With my first pregnancy i never had back pain but i did experience braxton hicks but to me this seems different. Any advice?

lilmama10-07

Asked by lilmama10-07 at 3:13 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• that does sound like contractions to me. How are along are you? I would consider getting in to see your doc to rule out a UTI/kidney infection. Your kidneys are in your lower back and having a UTI can cause contractions.
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Im 24 weeks
    lilmama10-07

Answer by lilmama10-07 at 3:18 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• i would definitely call my midwife/ob just to see what they think about it at 24 weeks. it can't hurt. good luck!
    Stefanie83

Answer by Stefanie83 at 3:22 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• oh yes, most definitely call! Hopefully its "just" a UTI and they can fix it and get you all better:) I know the symptoms of one when pregnant can be similar to back labor and they can actually cause labor. And BH at 24 weeks should NOT be regular
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2009