mucous plug

I'm almost 38 weeks and I've been 4 cm. dilated for 4 days now.

Last night I had my mucous plug come out, like TONS though, I swear it could have easily been an entire cup of mucous. I'm still having more today...like A LOT though...Is it normal for that much mucous to come out?

Also it looks like my belly is getting smaller? Could that be from her dropping?

I have diarrhea pretty bad and my belly is just so crampy, think I could go soon?

I'm praying I will lol I'm really getting irritated!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Im right there with ya im 38wks 4d i woke up this moring with the runs an losing alot of mucus! As of this past monday i was 3cm an 50% effaced an he is a -2 station! Im so ready for this to be over!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Ugh... Your so lucky i hate you!! LOL I'm j/k, I'm just jealous because i'm 40w 2d and show absolutely no signs of going in to labor. Well it sounds to me like any minute now so good luck!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 3:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• yes you can have that much of a plug and, unfortunately, it will probably keep on coming! Yes, looking smaller is very well from her dropping. The cramping is normal at the end of pregnancy so it doesnt necessarily mean labor is anytime soon. I was dilated 4cm 2 weeks before I hit 5 cm for another week and a half before my induction. If you arent in a regular contraction pattern, the 4cm doesnt mean much
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 3:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

i didn't have any signs either with my pregnancy until 40w6d. i had my son at 41w. when i started early labor at 40w6d i didn't even really realize that's what it was because i thought i was going to be pregnant for the rest of my life at that point. lol. good luck to you both! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:45 PM on Sep. 16, 2009