How To Shower WITHOUT My Baby

I can't seem to find many tips about how to take a shower while watching your baby, but without bring your baby into the shower.

I've gotten up to this point (Either sticking her in her baby seat and taking her in with me, or taking a shower during her nap or late at night), but Jazzy can now get out of the baby seat and I can't take her in with me any longer. I need to shower today, but she is too awake for her nap. How do I do it? (I can't put her in her jumper and then walk off, she freaks out. She has to see me in some way or be eating, otherwise she's not happy)

Call-Me-Mommy

Asked by Call-Me-Mommy at 3:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Do you have a playpen? Just stick her in there, leave the bathroom door open and set the playpen in front of the door. That is what I always did. When she is a little older, you can put her in the high chair with some things to keep her busy and do the same thing.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 3:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I hooked the jumper to the bathroom door, or brought his excersaucer into the bathroom
    gypsymama532

Answer by gypsymama532 at 3:36 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• i just put the pack and play in front of the door and leave the door open
    happygolucky210

Answer by happygolucky210 at 3:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• You wait tell your SO/DH is home to shower, or at night when she is asleep. Put he in her highchair and put it by or in the bathroom.

Answer by louise2 at 3:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I can't wait until tonight, because I have an event to go to and I need to be fresh. lol, and I'm a single mom, no one to help out.
    Call-Me-Mommy

Answer by Call-Me-Mommy at 3:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I always did it when he was asleep for a nap and I left the bathroom door open so I could hear if he woke up; I don't think he ever did, maybe once but I'm thinking not at all
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 3:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• pack n' play or crib. or do it when she's sleeping. It's not going to hurt her to cry for 5 - 10 minutes while you get a shower.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:44 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I put my son in his bouncer once he hit 4 months old - he woudl scream and cry but I had to shower for work and my husband works nights so isn't home in the AM - then once he got older and could crawl/walk - I kept him in the bathroom with me and now at 2, I leave the bathroom door open and he basically stay in there and we play peekaboo while I am showering. or he brings me cars to get all wet..lol!@!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 4:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• That's adorable! My daughter (8 months old) actually fed me her breakfast this morning! It was the cutest thing! I was playing peek-a-boo with her on her high chair, and she grabbed one of her cheerios and stuck it in my mouth, and she continued to do this for the rest of her food! I just loved every moment! At times, she would tease me. Like, she'd put the cheerio near my mouth, and then pull it away, and she would repeat this, or she'd give it to me, then take it away and eat her herself!
    Call-Me-Mommy

Answer by Call-Me-Mommy at 4:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• When you figure this out please let me know!! I am married, yet dh has been deployed for 15 mos and is due back in two weeks! I am looking forward to takeing a shower ALONE!!! I have always bathed with her but got a shower or two when he was home for the 8 mos before he deployed. I always held her and used one are to wash. Sometimes she would help me! Is baby big enough to sit in the tub without being in the seat? I used to sit dd on the floor of the tub and run the shower. If she layed down I would make sure she was going to be ok for a quick rinse. GL!!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 4:12 PM on Sep. 16, 2009