Auditing the FED, Is it actually happening?

House Financial Services Committee Chairman Barney Frank's office released a tentative schedule for regulatory reform hearings that includes "Oversight and Audit Issues at the Federal Reserve System," scheduled for Friday, Sept. 25. When this final round of financial-regulation hearings concludes two weeks later, according to Frank's office, the committee will begin making revisions to the respective bills.

"I'm happy to say that we're going to have a hearing on that very soon," Fed transparency champion Rep. Alan Grayson (D-Fla.) said on the House floor minutes after Frank's office made the announcement.
Reform of the nation's financial regulation slowed in July under heavy pressure from Wall Street. At the time, Frank said he wanted to take advantage of the August Congressional recess to argue the case for further regulation, but the debate over health care reform sidelined discussion of the financial system.

sweet-a-kins

Asked by sweet-a-kins at 3:49 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• is this a repost?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Yes, CM has been weird today. There was no where to answer it ...
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 3:51 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I thought it was just me with problems today.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 3:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• They need an audit by an OUTSIDE source. Barney and company are not qualified to do it.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 4:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• i had that problem too sweet. In my last post, everything was so shoved to the left side of the page, that i could not even read it. BUT, i can look at all the other posts. Just not my own...vvery weird CM.

I agree w/ yourspecial kid. An outside source is always a good idea.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 4:22 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I think its a little sick that OP posts questions and then hangs out on them to comment on everyones comments like some lovesick teenager. All over this board is this OP so in love with herself or so lonely that she does this over and over.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2009