any cocktail moms?

I love watching films and reading magazines featuring the stereotypical "homemakers" who wear aprons, clean the home, and drink a cocktail. Of course they all werent like that, but it just seemed like a simpler time. Not trying to open a debate stemming from the woman who killed herself and 8 others in NY State due to a cocktail playdate, but anyone here a "cocktail mom"? do you enjoy a glass of wine, perhaps while your LO is napping? or are you more of an occasional-glass-of-wine-once-kids-are-in-bed kind of cocktail mom?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I just don't drink anymore, I have maybe once since my daughter was born, we had some friends over played the wii and had a couple of drinks, that was the last time. But I probably will in the future when I'm on in my 30's.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 3:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• When I'm cooking a huge meal, I usually crack open a beer. The smell of wine turns my stomach. It's like nail polish remover.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• On Friday nights I will have a few Pomegranate or Apple Martini's after my DD is in bed.. With my hubby being Deployed it's a way I treat myelf since I don't trust anyone to babysit.. So I plug a movie in sit back relax and get the giggles...
    Mom2princessq

Answer by Mom2princessq at 3:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I have a drink of wine when my DH is away with the military and my daughter is sleeping. Its not easy being the only one taking care of a child.
    dewey_scoles

Answer by dewey_scoles at 3:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Sometimes SO will bring home some beer after work and I'll have a few (yes a few!) after the kids go to bed. We never go out so that is when we get our drink on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• When I get home from work I have a glass of wine sometimes. On the weekends I might have wine too. If I am alone with the baby I do not.
    jillybean6781

Answer by jillybean6781 at 3:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I don't really drink while my son is awake or will be awake soon (like nap time), but I will have an occasional drink after he's gone to bed. Some times in the winter I'll have a glass of wine with dinner, but not that often.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 4:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Jillybean6781,I guess that makes the moms that replied, and husbands are away at war bad mom's since they drink while being home along with thier kids?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My kids are older. I try to have a glass of wine a few nights a week while I am making dinner...
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 4:07 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Nope! I dont drink at all...My SIL started 1 glass of wine every night. Now its the whole bottle......lol....be careful!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2009