mold in house

I live in a rental house and the hot water tank sprang a leak almost two months ago, well the floor is finally getting fixed and I am concerned about black mold. I heard it usually gives off a urine/moldy smell and thats exactly what it smelled like. what do I do?

supergrl1087

Asked by supergrl1087 at 4:08 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Health

• you said it is in the process of being fixed now? i'd ask the contractor what they think, they would have more of an idea of what if anything is there since they do things like this daily. if they agree w/you call your landlord ask to have it tested. if he refuses, go to a hardware store see if they have some kind of home test kit that will tell you if there is mold and if it comes back positive take that to him and tell him you want it tested and fixed.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 4:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2009