Should I use a Carseat for my 2 1/2 year old for a trip to Disney? We are flying...

I put this here because I was thinking I would get more replies.. I'm kinda on the fence right now, but I need to decide pretty soon.. My DD has a britax marathon I'm not even sure it will fit inthe airplane seats..
Thanks for the help!!!

Mom2princessq

Asked by Mom2princessq at 4:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Using the car seat is the safest option for your child. The Britax seat will fit. Aside from being safe, it will restrain your child and keep her from running around . . .
    RoostersMom4

Answer by RoostersMom4 at 4:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Most seats have a label indicating if they are "FAA approved" - the flight attendants always manually check for those. (I've never known of a regular size standard brand seat NOT being allowed on a plane.)

We have always opted to bring the seat, for safety and convenience (if you'll be driving on the other end you'll need it and I don't trust rough baggage handling with something expensive and important...)

My DS and DD both slept on planes happily in their seats....plus then they could see out the window and could see heads/people walking on the plane, etc.
    tigrefan98

Answer by tigrefan98 at 4:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• take it, your childs safety is important, just remember that you will have to carry that around along with your child and baggage everywhere.... so be prepared!
    Ginanne

Answer by Ginanne at 4:47 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• The Britax will fit used to fly with my son using that seat all the time. I would use the carseat they will be more comfortable and less likely to try and run all over the plane.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:48 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• we flew recently and did not take our toddler's car seat on the plane. with 2 small kids it would have been too much to try and bring both of their car seats and our carry on bags and umbrella strollers. so we checked the car seats with our luggage and our kids sat in the airline seats with the seat belts and did fine.
    AgentBrez

Answer by AgentBrez at 5:03 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• If the plane crashes I doubt a car seat is gonna save them..it may keep them seated tho.
    Angelgurl13

Answer by Angelgurl13 at 9:19 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• It is airplane approved. The base will fit a standard 17 inch seats. Here is a link http://www.babyearth.com/britax-marathon-convertible-car-seat.html
    Read the features 1st paragraph.

You might want think about how you are going to carry the carseat . May I suggest something like the GoGo Kidz (http://www.theportablebaby.com/gogokidz.… that are wheels that hook to your car seat turning it into a stroller/pulley piece of luggage. These are neat but don't fit all car seats. Be sure to check yours first. It runs around $89. Or get a latch to hook the car seat to your carry on bag, check out this one http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/b000jhn

Hopes this helps.
    JuanitaEvans

Answer by JuanitaEvans at 11:32 AM on Sep. 18, 2009