Does anyone think that wedding dresses are ugly?

Perhaps it is because my style is so simple, I just do not like a lot of ornamentation.
I just tend to think that most of the wedding dresses I see are downright appalling.

I do not dislike weddings, or formal dresses, but something about wedding dresses is unattractive to me.
Am I the weirdest person ever?

kk_bella

Asked by kk_bella at 4:12 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• No. My sister is getting married next June and is looking for a dress and I am totally with you. Most of the dresses she has tried on are UGLY and I hate them, but it is so hard to tell her that because she loves them. .
    They have this new idea though where they want to go to the beach and have a very simplistic wedding, so I am hoping she follows through with it and gets a simplistic dress to go with it. :-)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• LOL, maybe... just kidding.

I love wedding dresses, and I am a simple person too.

I'm a photographer and do weddings frequently. I've noticed that the styles have gotten simplier.

You look at the average 80's or 90's wedding dress and I'm with you, they're ugly.

But look at the new ones, they're very simple and elegant.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:16 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• No you are not the weirdest person ever, you are women with an opinion what's weird about that
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• To each is own. If you prefer simple w/o all of the ornamentation that's fine. But there are some dresses that are very simple. Have checked out theknot.com. I have seen quite a few wedding dresses that are beautiful. Something like Winnie Couture, Oscar del la Renta, & Modern Trousseau, I wouldn't mind wearing. Now the bridesmaids dress are another story. lol

Danni143

Answer by Danni143 at 4:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I think there are ALOT of styles and colors of wedding dresses now, so I loved mine but I've also hated some other peoples. You just have to find the "right" one for you...and it is out there
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 4:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Some dresses can be! The huge ruffly ones with miles of lace wrapped around you making you look like a sausage. but i'm with you, the simpler the better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• When I went dress shopping, it was virtually impossible to find one without lace and/or beading and icky stuff. I had mine made. A LOT of dresses are ugly, but luckily, not all of them.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I made my own wedding dress. It was very hard to find anything that wasn't white or ivory back then and most of the options were well over $1000 which was more than I wanted to spend.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 4:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I agree with you actually. I'm pretty simple too, I don't like lace or all these beads and stuff on wedding dresses. Just me. I regret my dress though.....actually I kinda regret not having an actual wedding ceremony. We went to the JOP. He wore his dress blues (hot!!) and I wore a pretty champagne colored dress. It was more like a bridesmaid dress to be honest. I think I looked pretty but I do look back and wish I had a bigger wedding and the traditional white dress......oh well...that just means when we renew our vows it'll be big!!! :)
    Kristinmomof2

Answer by Kristinmomof2 at 5:30 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I'm not into dressing like a cupcake, either. I had an outdoor wedding and my dress was a very simple off white dress that was straight with a little detailing at the top only. I hate the puffy, frilly stuff and BOWS.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:47 PM on Sep. 16, 2009