moms of three kids...

is it true that one is always left out?

I am curious because DH and I are trying to decide if this will be our last baby, we will have one girl and one boy. But I've always been told (by people with two kids lol) that one is ALWAYS left out if there are three. So is this true?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• I am not a mom of three, but I am a sibling of two.. :-) I think that it is true, but I had to working parents and it was hard for them to have enough time/energy for all three of us. (My sis is 23, I'm 21 and my brother is 20, so we were VERY close in age).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I have three and no it's NOT true. I also have two siblings and none of us were left out, even with a single mother.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• No, I dont find that to be true. I have 3 children and they arent left out. I make a conscience effort to involve all my children in things we do and have since the first was born. Just something I do.

Im one of 4 girls and we werent ever left out of things either.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Nope not true, I have 3 kids and was the third in my family, never felt left out.
    BusyBeesmom

Answer by BusyBeesmom at 4:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I dont only mean by the parents, but when they play together also...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I'm the first anon poster. I don't think it HAS to be true. I just think it is something you need to keep in mind if you have another one, you don't want them to FEEL that way. It was nice that we always had something to do, because we always had each other but it was hard when my sister was older and would play a sport or dance or something and my brother was the only boy and the baby, being in the middle and too young to do sports or dance myself, I would be left out. I'm just saying that WHEN you have another baby you should keep it in mind.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:28 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Anon :26....my 3 sons play together.

They do both actually, play seperately and together. Just depends on their moods and days. I dont sweat if they arent playing together all the time...I think that would be too much, they need time to play by themselves.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 4:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Thanks for all your answers!! I think this will really help us when we do finally decided.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Mine are too young to really know yet, but I have a feeling it may be the case. My older two are twins that will be 3 in a few weeks and I have a 6 month old. I am sure there will be times when they are all older I'm sure the twins will go off on their own at times and leave the younger one, but then, the girl twin and her younger sister may go off and leave their brother at times. It is bound to happen with more than one sibling, but the groups will change and rotate and it is unlikely that one child will consistently be left out.
    frat_twin_mama

Answer by frat_twin_mama at 4:45 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I have three. It's only true if you allow it to happen.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 4:47 PM on Sep. 16, 2009