what do you do with your preschooler?

I'm a sahm in need of advice on what to do with with my 3 y/o. ever since my dd was born 6weeks ago he has spent a lot of time in his room by himself and I feel bad. I just don't know what to do with him. any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I would take him to the park and bring along a ball or something to play with. You can play catch with him, let him swing on the swings, or any of the other play equipment that there is at the park. My children loved to be taken there. It's great exercise and the fresh air is good for children. The weather is good right now too.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 4:38 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• read books to him and the baby.... go for a walk and let him feed duckies somewhere..... play whatever games (trains, trucks, etc.) with him that he really enjoys..... give him crayons and let him draw pictures to decorate his room...... when the leaves start to turn you can go out and collect leaves and use them for art projects too..... you don't really have to do much to entertain kids lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:31 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Spend one on one time with him. Go to story time at your local library. When the baby is sleeping then maybe you can color or build blocks with him..do something that he enjoys.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 8:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• When the baby is sleeping you can Play with him one on one! just play with him in his room...Read to him...Watch Cartoons with him...I have 1 child but want another and when we do..I will be doing that with DD cause that seems like the best time to play with her..also, I will be having her help with the baby so she feels apart of the baby too! Good luck momma
    bonham

Answer by bonham at 12:56 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• see if there are friends who know your 3 year old well enough to go out for a little bit too. exercise videos are fun too that you can do with the baby and have him get a doll to copy what you are doing. 3 year olds are learning how to pretend so having them copy you throughout the day is a good exercise. get a baby doll and some diapers and teach him to change the baby. and dress the baby learning how to button and zip... new skills for him,

show him how to load the dishwasher clean the table. anything where you are in the same room and cleaning the house together. there are tons of things to do in the house as well as outside. with the new born it is hard to get out of the house so use the house for learning moments.

linalinda

Answer by linalinda at 2:26 AM on Sep. 17, 2009