I need cheap dinner ideas!

I am so tired of chicken and spaghetti! I am also tired of Hot dogs, egg salad and cheap ground beef. Any idea's left? Something different to do with the ground beef besides tacos, meat loaf and hamburgers?

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 4:31 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Mamwhich-all you need is a can of it along with a pound of meat and bread or buns.
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 4:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Also, you can take hamburger and can of mamwhich and cook some mac and cheese and mix the two together. Or make taco potatoes. My family loves them you just bake potatoes and put meat and whatever else you want on them
    heartfrommyson

Answer by heartfrommyson at 4:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• http://allrecipes.com/

check this out it has lots of recipes

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 4:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• take a box of scalloped potatoes and a pack of hotdogs and a can of corn or a can of green beans or both. thats my hotdog hotdish. Tonight we are having that but i used a double box of potatoes, and a huge handful of baby carrots and a huge handful of califlower and a huge handful brocolli i had to get out of the fridge .
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 4:45 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Ground beef: lasagna, wet burritos, hamburger stroganoff, salisbury steak & gravy, casseroles like shepherd's pie, Ramen noodle casserole, tator tot casserole and pizza casserole, and baked spaghetti, chili, hamburger goulash

We eat a LOT of chicken here since we raise them ourselves, and I have a LOT of ways to serve chicken: chicken alfredo, chicken pot pie, spicy roast chicken, chicken parmesan, oven fried chicken, crispy chicken strips, teriyaki chicken, sesame chicken, chicken & rice, grilled chicken, BBQ chicken pizza, BBQ chicken salad, oriental chicken salad, chicken & stuffing casserole, chicken stew & dumplings...

michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 5:13 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Beans are your friend. I can make a huge pot of mixed bean chili for a couple of bucks. Buy veggies in season. Potatoes are also dirt cheap and full of iron. You can make baked potatoes topped with chili for a crowd of people for only a few dollars. Kale is in season right now and you can make a very cheap and nutritious soup from lentils and kale. Make stuff from scratch.

Check out the hillbilly housewife blog for ideas. She has lots of tips on eating cheap.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 6:38 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Ground turkey is always good too and a nice change. Its also inexpensive. You can even make a stir fry using ground meat instead. Cooks very fast and it's easy to just use whatever frozen or fresh veggies you have on hand. Here's a recipe I wrote.
    http://www.e-mealplanning.com/assets/cheap%20and%20easy%20turkey%20stir%20fry.pdf

Also check out the food blog, www.simplyrecipes.com, she has a lot of great stuff there.
    erika1015

Answer by erika1015 at 1:02 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• here are some... I am working on more ideas!
    http://yummyhomerecipes.blogspot.com/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:20 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Porcupine Balls are cheap, easy and very filling. PM me if you would like my recipe!
    texasgurl33

Answer by texasgurl33 at 12:22 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Dried beans and lentils are great budget stretchers. Send me a message offlist if you would like some great (family friendly, healthy, tasty) recipes

Answer by rkoloms at 12:45 PM on Sep. 17, 2009