Is she too young to hold him?

My DD will be 2 next month, and she LOVES babies!! Whenever a baby cousin or a friends baby is at our house she has to be the one to do everything, I know it wont be exactly like this when her brother gets here but I think she will still want to be the "little mommy" lol. But I know that when she holds other people's babies it makes me nervous, she always does amazing but the whole time I am sitting there thinking "what if she drops them, or plays too rough (she likes to tickle and it hurts lol)
So what do you think, is she too young to hold him? What are some ways to get her ready?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:03 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My little girl is 2 and she holds babies all the time. She loves babies also. I just watch her and im always sitting down next to her so that I can catch the baby if something dose happen witch nothing ever has. I think the first time she held a baby (with my help) was when she was 14 months old. You just have to watch your child and be close at hand to take over if something dose happen.

Let the girl hold the baby.
    kristyleigh614

Answer by kristyleigh614 at 5:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• you can get her a baby doll and show her how to be gentle...and shes only 2, so i hope shes holding these babies while shes sittinng and adults are watching
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Try getting her a big baby doll, like the size of a baby to get her used to it. Watch her with the doll and if she gets too rough, just tell her she has to give babies gentle touches.

Good luck and congrants on the new baby!
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 5:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• i let my son hold my daughter but then again he is 4. but even at that age they have a very short attention span so i sit right next to him just in case he desides to just hop up at any moment
    2.tyme.mom-2-be

Answer by 2.tyme.mom-2-be at 5:18 PM on Sep. 16, 2009