Do you believe that African Americans are qualified to lead this country?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• The color of a persons skin has nothing to do with their ability to lead this nation. To think it does, on either side of it, is plain ignorance. Being black doesn't make a man more or less qualified than any other person.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 5:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Yes!
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 5:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Ummmm yes, LOL
    karmalove

Answer by karmalove at 5:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Oh wow. My mistake. I thought this was in jest. I didn't think that in 2009, a person could seriously be asking this question. Silly JW..this is CM after all!
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 5:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I would have to agree SHOCK I know with JackalsWife :o)
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 5:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• ABSOLUTELY!!! For the umpteenth time, it's not Obama's skin color that is the issue, it's his socialist agenda, his nefarious associations, his lack of experience, and all of his secrets that are the issue.

A QUALIFIED African American candidate (male or female) can certainly be President of the US, but after what will be MANY shortcomings as POTUS for Obama, I don't see that opportunity for another AA to be able to run at this level for quite a while, if ever! Obama will have set any "progressiveness" back to the 1800's by the time he's done with his reign!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 5:13 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• WHAT????
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 5:13 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Some of them but not most of them. Same applies to every other race in our nation.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 5:14 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Of course they are! I would have voted for Condoleeza Rice, or Dr. Alan Keyes in a heartbeat! As Lori said, it's not about Obama's skin color. It's about his experience, agendas, morals, values and total disregard for the American people, to keep his huge ego stroked.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 5:14 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• were just as qualified as the next person..im curious, when u say african americans your talking about BLACK PEOPLE in general, correct?? well, what's your opinion?; do you think we PEOPLE are qualified?!
    2.tyme.mom-2-be

Answer by 2.tyme.mom-2-be at 5:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2009