How bad did it hurt to get you IUD in or out?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:18 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Well it did suck. There is a lot of pressure and some pinching. The good thing is it is quick and well worth it. It lasts five years. Women are strong. We go through a lot of shit. If you endured child birth then this is a breeze. Everything seems to work out better if you just stay calm and relaxed. There is a little cramping after. I really do think it is worth it. Whats a day of discomfort? for 5 years of continuous birth control? Go for it.
    angiebo

Answer by angiebo at 5:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• it dident hurt at all when i first got it inserted.. yuh may get scared at first cuz yuh see all of theses objects but to tell yuh the truth you dont feel a thing, its just a 5 min process, but one of the sideaffects is that you spot for about a month ,,, i got the mirena
    tashababii

Answer by tashababii at 5:27 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• it didnt hurt me whatsoever. the doc put it in a heartbeat. had mild cramps. like my period but it was it. i have the copper iud. for 10 yrs.
    rosepetalluv

Answer by rosepetalluv at 5:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• it didn't hurt at all took 5 mins to put in and no crampping afterwards, there was some spotting but only for 2-3 days. The thing that did scare me is the heavy and longer cycles afterward for the first 4 months the cycle was regular again..... I have the paragaurd iud for 10 years.
    babyelqutob2

Answer by babyelqutob2 at 6:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• It hurt me like nobody's business! LOl I wanted to curl up and scream. Every woman's pain tolerance is different though, so just think of how bad of pain you can deal with without crying and that will tell you how much it will hurt you.
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 7:07 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Its worth it. But I had a long appointment had to have a total exam before dr put it in,so I was in that terrible position for tooo long which got to be a lil painful. I had severe cramps for 2 weeks.that was the mirena iud. after that dont even know its there.
    Angelgurl13

Answer by Angelgurl13 at 9:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2009