have you ever lost weight?

how did you do it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Yes, I changed my eating habits. I started eating breakfast (I hate breakfast but it jump starts your metabolism). I gave up refined sugar, soft drinks, white bread, white rice, white potatoes and started drinking green tea and lots of water. I started lifting 2 lb weights to build up muscle mass which burns fat. I used resistance bands to do stretches. Once I felt good enough to begin walking I did that. I lost 50 lbs and did NOT do aerobics or anything major. I eat fish and fruits and vegetables now. I cut out junk food. It's not so bad if you take baby steps but keep on stepping! I get pissed when ppl say it melts off. Mine didn't melt. I was discouraged often but I kept going and am glad I did. I could lose more but am old and sort of tired! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 5:28 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I did about 3 or 4 years ago. I went on that Michael Thurmond 6 Week Body Makeover. It was very difficult being that you can't eat sugar, salt, oil, fat anything with flavor. But it really worked. If you have the willpower and really want to lose weight fast this works. I lost about 30lbs in 6 weeks.
    Jguevara

Answer by Jguevara at 5:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• i only seem to lose weight only when i became pregnant twice.. after that its a wrap the weight continues to come
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I did and it was surprisingly easy and steady. It will take a while depending on how much your looking to lose. Slow and steady is the healthiest way to go. I started at 163. I am now 139 after about 2 months. You can see and feel the difference. I watched my calories. Take your goal weight, mine is 130 and add a 0. 1300 is the number of calories I consume in a day. It's really not that hard.
    Drink diet pop or just water. there are some good diet sodas out there. Eat lite dressings and condiments. things like that. start paying attention to the labels on your food. It is important to eat 3 meals a day with snacks in between. Eat fruit instead of junk food to satisfy your craving for sweets. No fast food. I can't even eat fast food anymore without getting sick.

Of course you need exercise even if it is just walking. I chose walking and pilates. You can buy workout videos to use in the privacy of your own home or join a gym.
    angiebo

Answer by angiebo at 5:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• yes, here is my blog! http://www.postbabybelly.com/
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Sep. 17, 2009