For moms who have had a tubal ligation -- Did you have any negative side effects??

Im considering getting one, but I've read/heard some horror stories and I'm just wondering how common it is. I even read about something called post tubal ligation syndrome. Anyone have any imput or advice?

2babys-under2

Asked by 2babys-under2 at 5:28 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• I had mine 17 years ago, never had any problems. It's given us such freedom. I have no regrets!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 5:30 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I've had mine for 14 months. I have had super-heavy periods ever since. I'm now on the pill to control the bleeding. How's that for ironic.
    benjamink

Answer by benjamink at 5:32 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I had mine almost 8 years ago, I have not had any problems. My period has changed slightly, it is heavier the first day and very painful but other than that, I have not noticed anything.. My periods are still the same number of days and predictable but the cramps are UGH...not sure if that has to with my tubes or just aging and my body changing. Yeah, not regrets here either !!!!!!
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 5:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• had mine 2 years, my periods are really heavy now- but other than that... its all good.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 5:41 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I had my tubes done in 1982,in 1984, I started having severe bleeding,cramps, I was diagnosed with Fibroids, in May 1984, I was finally given a partial hysterectomy, now some 25 years later, they realize you don't have to get hysterectomies for Fibroids anymore. I have never ever been told by any doctor, that my tubal operation and me having Fibroids were related, I, myself 100% agree with the doctors. I believe it was something that just happen. Good luck to you.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Had my tubal 20mths ago. My periods are sometimes heavy and sometimes not bad...change each month which is a bit unusual from before but nothing serious or severe enough for me to wig about it.
    I have incision pain but thats from scar tissue not the tubal.

Overall, no major issues and definately no regrets.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 5:51 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I had mine at my c-section time. Absolutely no side-effects. No pain. No period differences. No psychological problem. (I was 100% sure I didn't want another child).

You can get a tubal without a whole cutting into your abdomen. I think it's called laproscopic tubal.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 5:58 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Post Tubal Ligation Syndrome.

Look it up.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 6:39 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I had mine done in 06 at the time of my c-section. There was a bit more pain recovery wise and doc said that is normal, but other than that all is well. No regrets for sure, 5 is enough.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:34 AM on Sep. 17, 2009