nuva ring (birth control)

with the nuva ring are their anyone on here that their doct told them not to take it out for a month.. to not have a period? and if u want a period to take it out for a week once a month? what do u do leave it in or take it out? and to those that leave it in for the whole 4 weeks do you get a period?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:39 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Health

• Aren't you supposed to replace the ring every week. If you are then going 4 weeks instead of three would be the same as skipping the placebos on your actual birth control pills. I have done that and I have heard from more then one doctor that it is safe.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:51 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My dr told me to change it every 3 weeks one week out. but sometimes i would forget too take it out on the right day and forget it in there for a month then i would just change it so it never took it out for like 3 months straight then i was like screw i suck at this and go on depo. it was so much better. I didnt have a period in the nuvaring but i wasnt using it right and when i got on the depo my periods stoped. now i am on paragraud. it easier to remember to take BC every ten years then everyday or once a month.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 5:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• The ring delivers hormones for 3 weeks and can up to 4 weeks. You are supposed to remove it at the end of the 21st day after inserting it. Then 7 days after you remove it, you place a NEW one in even if you are still bleeding. If you opt to go into the 4th week with it in, the amount of hormones can vary and you can open yourself up to accidental pregnancy.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 6:18 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• if i get pregn. using it jademom07 then it most be a blessing so i would really care!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:39 AM on Sep. 17, 2009