3rd Date Kiss

I've recently started dating again after divorce and tonight was my 3rd date with this guy. He's sweet, funny, smart and we get along great.

He really isn't my type physically, but I've overlooked it because of how well we get along.

Well tonight we kissed for the 1st time and it was horrible. He was all over the place, sloppy wet and the more I tried to guide him or take control the worse it got.

I just don't know what to do. I know it might be shallow but it was just awful.

Should I say something? Should I see him again?
Is this a deal breaker?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• i would advise try it again he may be out of practice...or he may just be a bad kisser...i've dated those types before and it didn't really bother me, but i'm not a big kisser...so i think its up to you...
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 6:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• You have to have chemistry and if you don't it won"t work. I would give it another shot and this time you make the move and take control. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 5:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I've been where you are. There is no way to make it better, believe me.
    He has a different style than you.
    Kissing is like packaging on a product. It gives you an idea of what's inside or in this case, what sex will be like.
    Sounds like physically you aren't compatible.

07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 5:52 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I won't let SO kiss me. He is a terrible kisser so we just don't do it. If you like kissing it might be a deal breaker. If you can do without it then just tell him you prefer not to kiss. Some ppl find it germy and yucky and don't do it.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I've found that if I don't like their kissing, the chemistry isn't there either. I've never found someone I was attracted to on a fundamental level to be a "bad kisser." Most likely, it won't be any better if you give it a second try. You just aren't attracted even though you wish that you were.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 7:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2009