• In the Spotlight:

NOT TO BE INSENSITIVE but anyone who has lost a baby or a child, what did they die of?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:03 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• I have thought about this, too, just wondering what type of things could happen with my baby. But I decided it was harder to think about it and wonder, so I stopped and thought as positive as possible.

Good luck.
    Tiera12

Answer by Tiera12 at 12:57 PM on Sep. 18, 2009

• My brother died when he was two months old he had pnemonia, i know i spelled that wrong. Also after Hurricane Rita me and my friend were living in a fema house still living on a generator and it caught fire and my two year old godson died in it.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 6:14 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I think asking this question in any form if you don't know the person is insensitive.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 7:17 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• About 40 years ago,my nephew was 6 weeks old,when he passed away from Crib Death,40 years ago,it wasn't called SIDS, In 1983, I had a miscarriage , I was 20-22 weeks pregnant, I was never given a reason. The worst thing I witness was my gorgeous 3 year old niece, who went to school 1 day, the school called her mom and said she had a fever, for 2 days the doctor said it was a cold,give her tylenol,the 3rd day,her mom took her to Childrens Hospital,in 2 weeks time, my gorgeous niece kidneys,heart,even her skin started peeling off,we watch her just slipped away,that was in 1997, from that time to now,we still don't know what was wrong with her,even the funeral directer,was amazed,he said he never saw a child look like that. But,her long pretty black hair and her gorgeous face remained intact. Rest in peace ,Sajirira,all of the gorgeous angels.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My sister had a stillbirth at 9 months, an autopsy was performed and was inconclusive. I think that the worst part about it was that the docs made her go through labor naturally, I was in the delivery room when the baby was delivered. She was absolutely perfect, I kept waiting to hear her cry, but the doctors said that she had probably been dead in utero for 3-4 days. We got to hold her and have some pictures taken, she would be 13 years old this year. Rest in peace, Kelsey, you are with God.
    emnasmom

Answer by emnasmom at 8:01 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I am glad some of you are open enough to share this when asked, but I too think it is a rather insensitive question if you don't know the person personally. Like tearing a scab off of someone.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:29 AM on Sep. 17, 2009