Did I over react?

So my SO keeps going on and on about a co-workers girlfriend. How cool she is (or so his friend says, my SO has yet to meet her) and how he neeeds to meet her because she's just so awesome. First couple of times it didn't really bother me, but he kept talking about her. Then today we get in the car to go get some stuff from the store and we were listening to a CD I made. He mentions his co-workers gf made this awesome CD and it was so great. I snapped like a twig, and started saying I'm tired of hearing how great she is, he tells me I'm acting "crazy" so I took the CD out and snap it in half and told him THAT'S crazy. He got mad and told me I was and we haven't really talked since. So was I crazy before the CD got snapped? Or was I totally justified?

Richys_Girl

Asked by Richys_Girl at 6:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• I'd totally have done something like that. Truly, talk to him and tell him that hearing about this other "awesome" woman is not cool at all. And he should know better than to talk about a woman like that, unless he's talking about you of course. Tell him it'd be nice to hear those kind of compliments made about you once in a while, but instead you have been hearing them about some other person and it's made you feel horrible.
    mom2BOYZnDad

Answer by mom2BOYZnDad at 6:51 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• No, I'd probably wonder what his deal was too if I were you.

Wifey2Watson

Answer by Wifey2Watson at 6:24 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I would be mad if my man kept talking up some other women that wasn't me
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 6:24 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• He is just so flirty, it bothers me..
    Richys_Girl

Answer by Richys_Girl at 6:28 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I would be mad...yes you did snap but i totally understand why you did it...once you get good and calm just explain to him that you were just tired of hearing about another woman that he was so impressed with...he should totally understand because he wouldn't want you to talk about another man like that...
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 6:30 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Tell him maybe he should be telling you how awesome you are!
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 6:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• LOL, omg that's funny. It sounds like something I'd do. Men think we're nuts anyway.

Answer by admckenzie at 6:36 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My ex did this exact thing...... we separated and he went straight for her. This is a huge red flag - you are right to be upset and unsettled about it.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 6:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My hubby works at a truck company where the only girl there is the office girl. She is not pretty by any means, has a boyfriend and is pregnant. However, one day I found that I had a virus on my computer (from my son) and so I went on to investigate how to clean my computer and fix it. I'm a computer geek and know a lot about them, he knows this. Anyway, he made a comment about how "Kelly said" we would never be able to get that virus off because she knows and she has a degree in computers blah blah blah (then why isn't she using it???). Well I had my fill of "Kelly said" and blew up, told him the sun don't rise and set in Kelly's ass and just because "Kelly said" so that I couldn't fix it. I told him that is insulting to my intelligence. Two days later I had the virus gone and the computer fixed and he couldn't stop telling me how smart I was and that he knew I could do it! LOL!!! Men are just nuts.
    TarLion

Answer by TarLion at 6:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2009