Dear DH,

Thanks for coming home after work at 2pm and then leaving right away. You told me that you were just picking something up from the store but that was 3 hours ago and the store is right behind our house. You're a recovering pot head/alcoholic and if you walk through the door wasted, I'm going to fucking kill you. Why is it that I haven't been able to leave the house once in the past 3 years, but you can leave whenever you please? We live paycheck to paycheck, we literally pay our bills and buy groceries and then have NOTHING left over. Why is it that you're probably out drinking or buying pot when you know that you're basically taking food out of your family's mouth? Even if you're not getting wasted or spending money, why do you get to go out at all if I never do? Why am I left sitting here with a screaming, teething baby every day of my life? Thank you for letting me do this anonymous vent.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:16 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• I'd say if you want answers print this off and give it to him when he comes home.

If he blows you off, you know nothing is going to change and either shut-up and put up with it or get out.

Sounds like you're at your wits end-the last straw. Venting is great, but doesn't make the problem go away. Only action does.

Not all men are like him-not even most. You just got a bad one.
    07upsydaisy

Answer by 07upsydaisy at 6:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I say its time to leave...take the baby and go stay with friend/family...its not worth it to stay if you don't get your breaks too atleast occasionally...good-luck!!
    ramita

Answer by ramita at 6:27 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I felt the same way. Like I could kill him. That's when I left. Calling this one female constantly, but it's only his friend. Going on a three day vacation alone, never did this before. Staying out goin to work from where he stayed out the night before. Not answering his phone when I called, but im home with (his) 4 kids. When he went on the trip, I told him I wouldn't be home when he got back. He left, I packed and took our one son. He wants to know why I left, because if I didn't one of us wouldn't be here. We talked and saw each other once a week 4 two months. He changed a little, getting better, me leaving made a big difference for both of us. Maybe a break is what you need so he can see what he could be losing and before something bad happens to either one of you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Leave now. get tested for STDs and get on with your life. Good luck

Answer by rkoloms at 9:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2009