anyone elses cat weirdly, aggresively affectionate?

my cajalico kitty is like obsessed with me almost, she fallows me around everywhere and even flips out if i dont let her in the bathroom with me when im taking a shower or something. its rediculous. adorable, but man it gets annoying lol
i dont know if she's just a weirdo kitty or if shes in heat but for the past few weeks she will persistently try to crawl up on top of my tummy (shes only a few pounds, older kitten type thing) and just rub up all over my face and hands. if i pull away or set her down or ignore her she latches on to me and bites the crap out of me! and if shes not doing that she HAS to be no more than like 3 feet away from me ( unless shes eating or going potty) and while she's being all "lovie dubbie" the bottom of her tail gets all puffed out its really weird and im thinking its maybe that shes in heat?? anyone else been through this with their kittys?

armymum1013

Asked by armymum1013 at 6:18 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Pets

• I have male cats and each has their household favorite. I'm the favorite for the 5 year old cat. He follows me into the bathroom, watches me use the toilet and shower. He also will trip me, if I stay up too late, and insists on going to bed with me. If I roll over and throw a leg over him, he bites me and I awaken. He will fight the other cat to keep him out of my room. My younger cat, 2 years old, loves my daughter to death! The only times I see their tails puffy is when they're geeked about something.

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 7:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• my cats jitterbug and montana will follow me ever where too they would follow me in the shower if i let them...as far as picking up and holding neither one likes it so i dont allow the kids to do it, montana will allow u to pet her sometimes but normaly she tryies to put her mouth on ya...not really bitting that hard and she has to have one of her paws touching ya, jitterbug will tolerate being petting if im there next to her but if someone tries to pet her and im not there she usally runs and hides...montana is in heat to i dont have the money to fix her right now idk y montana like to bite and hold on to ya i actually let my dd play with her more than i did with jitterbug i was hopeing the extra attention would turn her into a lovebug but it didnt...u mise well say jitterbug is my cat and montana will follow me but i think shes more my dd cats than anything
    rainmommy

Answer by rainmommy at 10:48 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My Mr. Diego is like that. He loves being with me all the time. It's just because we have a special bond. He needs medication and I bathe him in special shampoo for his skin. No one else can touch him. Sometimes it's cute..sometimes...well...I like to pee by myself :-(
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 12:46 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• My dog is like that. He never leaves my side, especially since i got pregnant. He'll go crazy when my hubby trys to lay in bed with me. LOL Its funny and kinda cute, but nows its really old. He even barks at me to come to bed if he wants to go to sleep and i'm hanging out in the living room or something.
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 7:34 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I have had 2 calicos (1 is living, 1 has passed) and I was their favorite. (probably since I was home with them more). My current one, Sassy, liked to follow me around and jump out and bite my ankles - guess I was her favorite chew toy! She likes to wake me up in the morning by scratching on the bedroom door, and then she is all lovey-dovey rubbing, kneeding and purring-- for about 10 min (or however long it takes to settle back to bed) then she wants out. So I have to let her out, and then 5 min later she wants back in.... She is such a doofus sometimes!
    The only time I have seen my cats tails 'puff' is when they are scared.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 8:01 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• my sisters cats are all vegans! now THATS weird...lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• I have seen such behavior in other Siamese cats. One fellow I knew in college had cats that would tackle him when he came home from school and licked him like a dog. They only liked him.

mom2boys1997

Answer by mom2boys1997 at 8:51 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Our younger male cat acts like that... but only when I'm pregnant LOL!!!! He's usually your stereotypical "aloof" kitty, wanting pets only when HE wants them and on HIS terms, but it's like the minute I'm pregnant, he starts being all lovey... they further along I get, the more aggressively lovey HE gets! I'm overdue right now, and I practically can't keep him off me! When I sit down to potty, he crawls all over me and there's nothing I can do about it (it's like he KNOWS I'm stuck on the potty until he's finished with me... he's diabolical!). But, as soon as the baby is born, he'll be back to his usual "aloof" self! LOL!!!!
    trebelcleff

Answer by trebelcleff at 9:08 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Buster Mac ( my son's cat - yeah right)LOL sleeps curled up under my arm or on my chest with his "hands" on my face. When he wants me to love on him he'll bite the crap outta me. When he wants food, he'll jump on me and start trying to bite me in the face. When he wants to go for a walk he will sit right in front of me and practically scream. He's more spoiled than any dog I've ever owned. And yeah, when I go to the bathroom he's right there - if I close the door on him he sits there and scratches the door incessantly, meowing loudly over and over. Sometimes he'll walk by my feet and just reach out and swipe me. He climbs in my laundry while I'm trying to fold it and plays with me - and he reaches out and grabs me around the legs when I walk by him - he never bites me too hard and he never gets me with his nails - always just enough to give me a start. I love my Buster Mac
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:20 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• She's hubby's cat and she hates me. As far as she's concerned, I'm the 'other woman'. When we first got her, she wouldn't allow me to eat. She won't leave hubs alone for a second and glares at me if I touch him. When he takes a shower, she sits on the toilet and cries until he comes out, checking regularly behind the curtain to make sure he's still there. I have holes in the bottom of most of my pants because she loves to latch on as I walk by just to remind me that she has claws. If he doesn't say goodbye to her she'll search for him all day crying as she calls for him. She's letting up as she gets older and she'll come sit with me if he's not paying attention to her now. She impressed me when we brought home our son and wouldn't let anyone but me hold him. She wasn't even keen on DH touching him. She's such a sweet cat when she feels like it but man can she be a b****.
    flitpixie

Answer by flitpixie at 12:34 PM on Sep. 17, 2009