H.W. Geometry??

Honestly please help me, im not a kid looking 4 answers this is just a part of a huge geomery booklet im trying to finish so that i can get my highschool diploma. I need to finish this asap because i have an interview coming up and i need my diploma. im a young mom of an 8 month old baby boy. in real need of that job. PLEASE HELP ME WITH THESE.

1) The height of a triangle is four times the length of the base. Find the base and height of the triangle if the area is 18 square inches.

2)The length of a rectangle is 5 meters longer than the width. Find the length and width if the perimeter is 54 meters.

3)Find the area of a trapezoid which has a measure of 7 meters for its height and 4 meters and 6 meters for its two bases.

4)Find the area of a parallelogram with height 6 inches and base 11 inches.

5)Find the perimeter and area of a square with a 12 ft. side.

6)Find the area of a triangle with a base 13 ft. and

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:23 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Honey, you need to do these yourself. None of these is hard, and frankly, solving them shouldn't take much longer than typing them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• "None of these is hard,"
    Sounds like maybe she should be going back to school with you! ;-)

Good luck on your homework!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• go to Purplemath.com It is a great site that explains the geometry. You just need to use your formulas and work though. Like 5)Find the perimeter and area of a square with a 12 ft. side. You know it is a square therefore 4 equal sides. 12 * 4 = 48 ft (or 12+12+12+12+12=48)
    4)Find the area of a parallelogram with height 6 inches and base 11 inches. Formula is
    length * width = area (a=lw) so 6 * 11 = 66 ft^2
    Just use what you know!
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:03 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I couldn't get all of them because it has been YEARS since I have been to school, but I got some and I also got the formulas to help you figure out the answers on the others:
    1. (1/2)(4x) *(x), where x is the length of the base
    2. 2L + 2W=54, where L is the length of the rectangle and W is the width
    3. A=b*h, where b is the base and h is the height
    The answer is 66 inches, as 6 inches times 11 inches is 66 inches.
    4. A= L*L where L is the lenght of the side
    The answer is 144 feet, as 12 feet times 12 feet is 144 feet.
    5. A+(1/2) b*h or A=(1/2)(13)* h
    I couldn't get it all because it looked like part of the question is missing.
    I hope this helps hun. I hated geometry and took it in summer school so I didn't have a whole year of hell to go through for it! LOL Hope you pass!
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 7:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• mama4christ361:

I think the formula you gave for number 5 is for a triangle. A=1/2bh. Her problem was for a square with one side of 12 ft. So, perimeter is s+s+s+s or 4(12)=48 ft. The area is area=length times width or 12 times 12 = 144 ft^2. The area formula for your number 5 can be used to answer number 1. Plug in the values and work for the unknown. This is basic 7th grade math (which I teach).

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:27 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Shoot, you're right, I meant #6 for #5! LOL See, told you I stunk at geometry! LOL Okay, wow now THAT joke was lame! LOL
    mama4Christ361

Answer by mama4Christ361 at 7:49 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• This might be 7th grade math for the students of today. I took this math in college in a course called "elementary and intermediate algebra," and presently as an apprentice in sheetmetal. I worked these out with my son, who is in college now studying to be an engineer. I kept my worksheets, in case you wanted to contact me direcly. I couldn't solve for problem #6 because the info was incomplete. It does no good to know the answer, if you don't know how you arrived at it.

(1) b=3, h=12, formula (1/2 X b) X H=area, (2) L=16, w=11, p=54, formula 2b + 2h=perimeter, (3) h=7, a=4, b=6, area =35 sq", formula a=h/2 X (a+b), (4) h=6, b=11, area =66, formula hxb=area, (5) p=48ft, a=144sq. ft, formulas permeter = 4s, area =(bxh)sq

Ewadun

Answer by Ewadun at 2:05 AM on Sep. 17, 2009