How much should an 8 month old baby weight?

well when my baby was 6 months we weighted 14 pounds twice what he weighted wen he was born(7.11 pnds) then at 7 he weightd16 pounds is that a too little gain in a month. is that bad?? he already eats solids since 6 months and he is E.B. now at 8 months almost 9 he eats 3 times a day cereal, fruit, and veggies/whitw meat, and just this week i started giving him yobaby yogurt. he looks perfectly healthy but my MIL is always telling me he eats too little. please give me advise and tell me how much ur baby weights around 8 months and whats their eating schedule. THANX.

Cristy-1208

Asked by Cristy-1208 at 6:32 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• EVERY BABY IS DIFFERENT!! IF HIS DOCTOR THINKS HE IS GAINING ENOUGH WEIGHT, AND HE IS HAPPY, THEN YOU'RE FINE!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Pound a month is usual. Yours is gaining GORGEOUSLY. Now stop looking at scales; they're not as important as milestones. **smile**

Answer by gdiamante at 6:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• What does the DOCTOR say?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:13 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Ig nore your mother-in-law. It sounds like you may be giving your baby too much solid food and not enough breastmilk, though.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2009