How does a Diaper Cake stay together?

Making my 1st Diaper Cake Using the fan type method. But I can't figure out how to get the tiers conected. What am I missing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:05 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• Have a stick as long as the height of your diaper cake or use the empty paper towel rolls to connect together.
    ocsosomom

Answer by ocsosomom at 7:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I think you're supposed to put a bottle or 2 standing up in the middle. Not 100% sure but be creative whatever you do will be appreciated I'm sure. :)
    jenae_gist

Answer by jenae_gist at 7:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Well, I put stuff in the middle of the cake. I put a full size baby bath, baby shampoo, baby powder and stuff like that in the middle of it. I also kept the rubber bands on it to hold it together. I put a wedding cake plate so it would all stay together. I have some pictures if you'd like to see.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• VELCRO BABY!
    GinnyGreer

Answer by GinnyGreer at 12:33 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• A paper towel tube or a wood rod are the easiest things to use. With those you simply slide each tier down the tube or rod and your cake is perfectly centered. Here is an video example.

You can do baby shampoo or some other item but the problem that you will face is symmetry. Every time that I have tried to put something else in the center I have made a cake that looks like the leaning tower of pisa.

My recommendation is to stick with the paper towel tube (cheapest) then decorate the outside of the cake with the goodies.

Good luck!

nicmiller

Answer by nicmiller at 10:54 AM on Sep. 9, 2012