anyone know of any natural ways to make yourself efaced?

41 wks 2 cm dialted not effaced...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:07 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Has the doctor suggested stripping membranes?? It don't work all the time to bring on labor, but it sure helped me with my last baby. Especially since you are over 40 weeks.
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 7:09 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• sex lol
    alyjax03

Answer by alyjax03 at 7:13 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• That was going to be my other thought alyjax, lol
    officerjoeys

Answer by officerjoeys at 7:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Those are all great ideas above. Has the doc stripped the membranes? I never had to deal with this since i never made it past 38weeks with all 3 of mine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:31 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• oh! Your body IS getting ready~ no need to push it. You're getting close and your cervix already IS doing exactly what it needs to be doing.
    Have faith in this process~ it works! (You have proof, it IS working!)
    :-)
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 7:33 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I agree with doulala. and if you need encouragement you might try checking out the group Natural Pregnancy and Childbirth.

outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 7:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• don't stress sweetie you can go from 0 effaced to having your baby the next day. i am pretty sure i was 0 dilated and 0 effaced at my appointment around 40.5 weeks and then i had my son at 41 w.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• The best thing to do is relax and let your body do its thing. There is no reason why you should be dilated or effaced prior to labor. You can go from 0 to 10cm in a couple of hours but you can also walk around a couple of cm dilated for many weeks..it doesn't mean anything.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 2:47 PM on Sep. 17, 2009