How was your experience with Paragard?

I got my IUD, Paragard, inserted on Friday and I started my period on Monday. I've had CRAAAZZYYYY amounts of bleeding and am wondering how long this is going to last? I know you're supposed to have a heavier flow, but OMG....it's like a massacre in my underwear every few hours.

vanessa5470

Asked by vanessa5470 at 7:18 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Health

• Yea it will last like that for about a week I got mine last month and i started my period and it was like only 2 days then a week later it started again and lasted 2 weeks i thought i would need a blood tranfusion it was horrible but i was told it would be like that for about the first 6 months so i am hanging in there,
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 7:21 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• The same happened to me.. but I have had it for 5 mos now and my periods have regulated (thank God) I like you thought I was dying call the nurse hotline and the ER lol. Just hang in there it gets better and in my opinon its the best birthcontrol out there ;)
    babyelqutob2

Answer by babyelqutob2 at 9:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• It was like that for me as well. I thought I was going to pass out from the massacre in my underwear but it did go away.

Like the others said it'll get better. My DH didnt mention feeling a few times, but he hasnt said anything in a while. I LOVE the no hastle, no pills, no condoms, no worry.

I do however have spotting when my period is about to start, so pantyliners have become a necessary thing.
    vanessa5470

Answer by vanessa5470 at 2:40 PM on Jan. 18, 2010