Why do you think republicans are holding up the healthcare bill?

Democrat Jay Rockefeller warns of huge tax increase on the middle class. They don't need Republicans to pass this mess. Its sensible dems who are holding it up.

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 7:20 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I love that blue dogs don't have the party loyalty that keeps the uber libs as lap dogs of the POTUS.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• think it's all in politics
    momluvsmatt

Answer by momluvsmatt at 7:28 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Republicans aren't holding up passage of the bill, they're just refusing to agree with it! Democrats have ENOUGH votes among their own party to pass any bill their little hearts desire, however, even they can't convince some in their own party to go along with it! So NOW, somehow Republicans are responsible!?!? WTF????

This is just ANOTHER case of damned if we do, and damned if we don't! If this bill passes, and WHEN it backfires, Democrats will instantly turn on the Republicans and blame them for it! It doesn't matter what Republicans do, we're not part of the equation!

When push comes to shove, even the Democrats with all their ruling majority can't stick their necks out for the people they claim to care so much about--ought to tell you a lot about their character!!! That, and HR 3200 no matter which way they slice it, sucks!!! LOL :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• If anyone is holding up reform it's the uberliberal dems - because they write up a bill that has no means of compromise...895 BILLION? There has got to be a better way...
    AngelaKay

Answer by AngelaKay at 7:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Because it is a bad bill. Do the tort reform, open up the restriction of insurance trade across state lines and let me by my policy from Montana if I want (competitive free market), and use the unused $500 million of stimulus money to insure the 2.5 million truly uninsured. (Figure from Betsy McCaughey. Not the inflated figure which includes those that choose not to sign on to company offered because they may have to pay part of the premium or those who qualify for medicaid but choose not to.)

Don't pass a bill for the government to have one more say over my life or give me one more program to have to work even harder and longer to help pay for. I don't work to fund my government .

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 7:38 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• What people don't know is that several of the Repubs have put bills on the table that would acutally really benefit the American people when it comes to the availability and price of health insurance, but the dems are holding them up and making it out like there is no other option.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 7:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Because all the Democrats want is control and they also want the Republicans to hand it over on a silver platter, with their blessings. Not going to happen.

I would hope that the only thing Republicans would be interested in would be a bill that doesn't have government running the final product. Of course, I say 'I would hope' because I don't think I trust anyone in DC.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:27 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• The Uber Dems dont want REFORM...they want THEIR agenda and they dont care whose throat they have to shove it down! My FAVE thing so far is the one dem that said (basically) If the repubs dont get on board and do what we want we are going to do it anyway. Now tell me, WHY IN THE H*LL ANYONE would want to even TRY and work out a compromise with someone (many people) like THAT? Whats the point?

momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:06 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Because it stinks!!!!
    mommyto2joys

Answer by mommyto2joys at 9:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I don't understand what the hold up is if they "agree on 80%".....

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 9:59 PM on Sep. 16, 2009