Would you still be friends with her? Am I just being a bitch? (long)

Sorry I couldn't answer the question for some reason and continue. Anyway. She has all these bills and no job. He is supporting them. She checks her accounts and he has taken out all the money. Leaving her with nothing to pay her bills or to eat with. Let me add she has just started nursing school. He even took the bottles of water they had bought from costco. Is this ghetto or what? She decides to have the reception and make it a family gathering instead of the wedding because groom doesn't want to get married. My DH and I show up and she is so depressed which I understand. Next day she marries him after all this and doesn't tell me for a month. I tell her that I love her and she is my friend but I don't respect him. She got mad at me and said why can't I just support her and be a good friend. I'm like are you nuts. I can't respect a guy that did this to you. Kind of lost respect for her for marrying him. What do you think?

Jguevara

Asked by Jguevara at 7:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• I ma with you on this. All you did for her and she elopes.

Answer by louise2 at 7:39 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I think you are showing your support for her by continuing to love and befriend her. Nowhere is it written that you automatically have to like someone's spouse. I think she didn't call you (and probably nobody else) out of embarrassment.
    EireLass

Answer by EireLass at 7:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Maybe she's marrying him for other reasons besides love. I agree with you on this but is this asshole really worth losing your friend over? I'm sure you can figure out what will probably happen in the future of that marriage. She'll need you.

legalmommy101

Answer by legalmommy101 at 7:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2009