babies and solid foods...

when should you switch your baby from 1st foods to 2nd foods?

robbinsme

Asked by robbinsme at 7:47 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• we never even used 1st foods waste really, they are the same consistency well most are the mixed meals are thicker, but the straight veggies and fruits are the same just 4oz vs 2oz so get more for your buck
    anarosenewman

Answer by anarosenewman at 7:51 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Well I dont know about stages because I make my own.
    But, my daughter has started cereal at 4 months, and other solids like 3 weeks later. At 6.5 months Ive been making her food thicker, and with some squishy lumps in it. I mean when I puree it I don't puree it all the way.
    Sorry if that doesn't help lol...
    BambiF

Answer by BambiF at 7:57 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Just went right to stage 2. Much more cost effective and it's the same stuff. You get two meals (beginning) in one stage 2 jar than you do for two stage 1 jars! Just run through all the single ingredients before doing combination dinners.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 8:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• You don't write how old you little one is. I personally never did the jar food, made my own, but I believe stage 2 is from 6 months and up? My 7 month old just recently started chewing on bread, boiled carrots, cooked fruit, cheerios, cooked chicken, and things like that.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 9:20 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• oh sorry...my little guy is 6 months. he started the cereals at 4 months and then stage 1 soon after. so we've had him eating all those for about 2 months now. just bought some stage 2 but wasnt sure if he should be eating now or if we should still wait a little while. thanks ladies!
    robbinsme

Answer by robbinsme at 9:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2009