Disappearing Object Phenomenon?

A person looks high and low for an object, but it cannot be found. A short time later, the person is surprised to find the object returned to the spot where it is always kept.

Has this every happened to you? Do you think it's just absentmindeness or is it something else at work?

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 7:49 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• It happens to me constantly. Sometimes I can just tell my guardian spirit that I need it back, so where is it. And then I'll find it. I don't necessarily blame spirits for the disappearances (tho this is one of their tricks to get someone's attention), but I do enlist their help in finding it.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:03 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• lol, we used to always just joke that it was "the void".

But seriously, its probably just absentmindedness. At least that's what I think.

=)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I attribute it to my complete mommy-brain while I am running around trying to do a million things at once!
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:26 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I have a friend who would say this always happened in his house and that he and his dad and brother always saw little green men peeking around corners. They looked kinda like the noid from Dominos Pizza, LOL. I know it sounds super crazy!!!

Anyways, he thought the little green men were messing around with them. He hasn't seen them since he moved out of his dad's house. I must admitt he DID use a lot of drugs (LOL) but his dad never did and he saw them too.

Who knows . . .

weird things happen.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 10:28 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• It's the ghost!!! I swear this rotten ghost has followed me from house to house, and we can't get rid of him. I'm sure it's a him because when we do find things, they are in the stupidest places.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 10:45 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• it has not happened to me personally but I do know it happened to someone else I know. She was on a road trip and she didn't realise until it was too late that she left her phone in a bathroom at a gas station. So she just said . Lord, I need my phone and it showed up right next to her in the car. Yes I believe these things do happen and I believe Angels DO help out like this.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:38 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• LOL! Cinn, I'd totally forgotten about the Domino's NOID! Hahahaha....

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 8:25 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Yes. This happens all the time. Items usually reappear only after we ask for them back and leave the room.

Keys, wallets, phones - even homework!
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 12:07 PM on Sep. 17, 2009

• LOL, yes that happens all the time. Except it is never in the spot its always kept, its always in the most obscure spot (no we didn't accidently put it there).
    We lost our bottle opener, and found it INSIDE our bathroom light fixture.

SO lost his jacket, it was ON TOP OF OUR six foot bookcase.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 1:31 PM on Sep. 17, 2009