???????

Can u perm your hair and get nails done while pregnant? Because I don't want chemicals to affect my child.

Mrs.Presley

Asked by Mrs.Presley at 8:35 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• do you mean perm as in relaxer? bc no you can't get that when you're pregnant. if you want to get your nails done you can go to a shop where there aren't alot of fumes and you'll be ok
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:39 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• def not the perm! and the nails...some people say yes. but i wouldnt take chances!
    rahrahsmama

Answer by rahrahsmama at 8:40 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I've read in many different prenatal books that it's safe to perm, dye and chemically straighten your hair since the actual chemicals don't get into your bloodstream. I don't know about your nails though. It's probably best to ask your doctor on both issues before you actually do it, just to be safe. :)
    dakotaleann

Answer by dakotaleann at 8:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I got relaxers when i was pregnant. I don't know about perms, it should be the same. But ask your doctor anyway.
    2princesnaKing

Answer by 2princesnaKing at 9:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• If the chemicals don't rest of your head I believe your fine. Just make sure its in a well ventilated salon!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 10:07 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Perfectly safe as long as you are in a well ventilated area. The inhalation of the fumes is where the danger comes in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:05 AM on Sep. 17, 2009