I am such a worry wart!!! Please help me learn to cope...at least give me some ideas...?

I am a germ FREAK and when I hear that the stomach flu or something like that is going around, the thought of my children getting it just consumes me. I have no one to help me if they do get sick (DH works nights) and I have the weakest stomach ever...and my boss tends to be a big pain in my rear if I have to call because one of my children is ill. I know that illness and sickness is unfortunately part of life, I just feel bad for my girls when they are sick and I constantly worry about losing my job. (Have not called in for months....they are not sick often) I have been with the company for 10 years now and feel that I should be valued a bit more than I am and not asked to put my lame job before my family...because I will refuse! How can I get over the neurotic worrying that I always have in the back of my mind? My day care is great and she cleans EVERYTHING when a child gets sick...but I still panic...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:53 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Health

• I think you are just being a good mom and the only way to relax a bit it to know that when it comes to your children you have to do what you have to. After ten years I agree you should have some value and shouldn't be looked down on for tending to your children. Remind the children daily to wash hands and stress the importance of not sharing food and drinks at school, you might even consider giving them hand sanitizer to utilize if they do forget to wash their hands or just to use if they have to share supplies during group projects.

Peace, <>
    JoyceTN

Answer by JoyceTN at 9:04 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• You need to seek professional help and probably medication's to controll your obsessive fears and thoughts and anxiety dear. Trust your Dr. Medications WILL controll your fear, anxiety and obsessive thoughts.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:22 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I do not believe that medication is the answer to my problem...but thanks for making me feel even more neurotic and hopeless....very insightful
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Sep. 16, 2009