I think theres something wrong w/ my baby =( help..no bashing please

My daughter is 8months old. And a lot of times during the day/evening she let's out these grunts , like screaming grunts (not like she's pooping grunts-- can't explain,but its like screaming) She even does it when she eats,most of the time she quits eating,and won't eat until the next feeding. I'm scared there's something wrong with her,what do you think it could be? I read posts about kids autismand they say they scream sometimes..I'm sooo afraid that may be it!!!!! Help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• take her to the docs
    Kayge

Answer by Kayge at 9:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• When my daughter was that little she grunted too whenever she didn't like something... that was too funny... And she is perfectly healthy and has no autism. It's just a new way to express her feelings.
    crazypink

Answer by crazypink at 9:00 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Crazypink- sometimes she's not even eating or playin w/ anything to not like it,kwim? If I just sit her down for a second she does it. If we play together she does it..god I'm scared..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• And for the spelling its supposed to be "autism and" it bunched up lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Sounds like Touretts syndrom to me. Though ask your Dr now so if it is something you can get it treated right away. better sooner than later momma. Kids make lots of wierd noises for no reason all the time though so try not to over worry yourself
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 9:18 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• OMG..I hope its nothing,I can't handle something like that!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Even if it is "something" you'll be fine. There are support groups. But like another mom said, take her to the doc. It's better to be safe than sorry. And it will put your mind at ease.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 9:31 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Mommylee08-support groups won't help 100%..this is something I CANNOT deal w/ at all!! Her drs apt is on oct 6th so..
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:46 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• OP... before you completely panic ... take your dd to the dr's. Find out from him/her what may or may not be wrong and then go from there....
    Call her dr's now and try to change her appt. and get in sooner... explain to the nurse what your concerns are and ask to see the dr sooner....
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 9:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• It could just be her personality just nothing.. if you have a cam corder get it on video and show your pediatrician ... also watch them and take notes on them when it starts when it stops can she focus hows her color? get a note book and start to write about what you are observing then take it to a professional
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:50 PM on Sep. 16, 2009