Gifts for Babies first Birthday

Im not really sure what I should get my son for his first birthday. Does anyone know what they are into after they turn 1. I just dont want to get anything that he will not like after a week.

Thanks
Jackie

JackieB33

Asked by JackieB33 at 8:56 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My son's first birthday is on Saturday and here is a list of what he's getting:

A swing set with a baby harness
    A miniature set of drums
    A My first Harley-Davidson Motorcycle
    A big dump truck
    A John Deere tractor
    A toy box
    Some leap frog fridgephonics
    A Little Tykes Grill
    And who know's what else.......

I personally bought him a Britax Advocate Carseat. Or, well, that's what I spent my money on. I figured his safety came first and foremost and he can't keep tabs right now on cool birthday gifts, lol. I've tried to encourage family that insists on bringing him a gift, even though I've told them he has everything he could possibly need or want, to make a donation towards the expensive carseat, lol. I don't think it much matters what you get him. I am also going to write him a card and seal it and let him open it when he is an adult, like maybe on his 18th birthday.
    WindyTheWidow

Answer by WindyTheWidow at 9:07 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• I am getting my daughter the big lego's, I believe they are called Duplo, when she turns 1. We already have the building blocks from my oldest, so I am getting my youngest the animals that go with it. They can play with them for years, some of the ones we have are even from when I was little. Very sturdy toy that is fun and educational, I think.
    LilyandEmmasMom

Answer by LilyandEmmasMom at 9:10 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Mine just had his and this is what we got (a little more cost effective than the above mentioned!)

A radio flyer pathfinder wagon (mom and dad)
    a set of nice wooden puzzles with rack to add more
    2 of those small like tonka trucks
    a larger dump truck
    a xylophone/piano
    a toy cell phone (he loves this)
    clothes and PJs for the coming season
    a hammer and peg game

he also just LOVES trucks and driving them around.
    you could buy some cheap bowls, pots and pans, and spoons for him to bang on instead of yours. mine likes to "cook" and "feed" us.

maybe a shape ball (you put the shapes in the holes)

get things that will challenge his mind :)
    missbreezy214

Answer by missbreezy214 at 9:14 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My son got a couple of ball toys... one is a helecopter that you put ball in the top and another is I think for younger kids, a train and you also put balls in the top... anyway he LOVES them! Off all the things he got he plays with them the most. I think any toy that they can put something inside of something else is a hit.
    The thing we got him was a toy box and some books.
    He also got a cozy coupe... which is a big hit. And a 4 wheeler type car that he rides on.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 10:02 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• You can buy them any of the items listed above. My boys preferred the big boxes that they came in. They love to be dragged around in them. They love to crawl in and out of them. They love to flip them over and crawl on top of them. Happy birthday to your little guy.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 11:15 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My girl will be one on sept26th and i want to get her a pretty comforter set for her toddler bed. (she isn't sleeping in it yet). i cant get her a cozy coupe til christmas. I'm not sure what else to get her yet.
    bluerose26

Answer by bluerose26 at 8:02 AM on Sep. 17, 2009