Can my 8 month old have scrambled eggs?

My SO is the cook around here, and he wants to give our daughter scrambled eggs. Is it ok at this age?

jahair89

Asked by jahair89 at 1:50 PM on Aug. 30, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Sure can!! I started my son on baby food at 4 mos and by six mos he was eating table food. Just watch for reactions to dairy.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 1:51 PM on Aug. 30, 2008

• Of course it is, just make sure to keep on eye on her the first time ot make sure she isnt allergic to eggs, probably wont be, but you never know. Scrambled eggs are a great finger breakfast food for your baby. She will love them and let her have fun.
    Oldham80

Answer by Oldham80 at 1:52 PM on Aug. 30, 2008

• I forgot to add...she has 8 teeth
    jahair89

Answer by jahair89 at 1:53 PM on Aug. 30, 2008

• Holy cow!!!! I would start her on steak also!!! LMAO Your lucky she has cut so fast. Get it all over at once. I wish my boys had done that.
    kscmbz

Answer by kscmbz at 1:54 PM on Aug. 30, 2008

• I've been thinking about introducing my 10 month old. He's just cutting tooth number five or I might have done it sooner. Here's what I found on the internet:

Egg Yolks are typically fine for baby to eat around 8 months old. The egg whites should not be fed to baby before 1 year old. Eggs are one of the top 8 of all allergens. Many studies that have been done on infants with egg allergies find that by the time the infant has reached age 5, the allergy has been outgrown! This is good news as the egg is highly nutritious and an important part of ones diet!

Diagnosing an egg allergy in an infant is really hit or miss and that is why it is very important to follow the 4 Day Wait Rule when introducing your baby to new foods!

* If you do give her the whole egg, just watch her for any symptoms and follow the 4 day rule!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 2:51 PM on Aug. 30, 2008

• I've been told to only give them yolks. .. not whites until they're one year old due to allergies.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 3:01 PM on Aug. 30, 2008

• Yes it won't hurt her.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 3:43 PM on Aug. 30, 2008

• no. No dairy until 1 year. thats what I ws told....
    ragtopgirl

Answer by ragtopgirl at 4:16 PM on Aug. 30, 2008

• Eggs are not officially dairy. They are an allergen though. If you give eggs only give yolk until 1 year.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:27 PM on Aug. 30, 2008