how do you

make jello in the ice cube trays and not have them stick... I've tried 3x now and I just get MUSH they stick so bad!! Ugh!

MELRN

Asked by MELRN at 9:22 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Spritz a little cooking spray into the trays first.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:28 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Maybe you should freeze them first and then just bend it back and forth like you would ice so it will fall out. Then put the cubes in the refrigerator to make them like normal jello....i don't know I'm reaching here. It's not like you can put pam on the ice tray.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:28 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Oh - and also, don't try and scoop them out or anything, submerge the trays up to the line - where the jell-o itself isn't in the water as well.. into warm water. Let it sit for a minute or so. The outer jell-o will slightly melt from the heat of the water, combined with cooking spray, they should slide right out when tipped over.
    If not, just repeat the warm water.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• cooking spray and use less water and make them more like a jello jiggler than the softer jello
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:32 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• Thanks ladies I'll get back to you with my trail tomorrow.... I"m gonna try the spray I never thought you could use it??but WTH I'll give it a go...
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 9:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• you can always buy silicone ice trays NOTHING sticks to them EVER
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 10:11 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• A little cooking spary or line the trays with plastic wrap first.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:03 AM on Sep. 17, 2009