What was or what is going to be your childs

birthday theme? do they have a winter or summer birthday?

What do you do first eat, play games, sing happy birthday, open presents and eat cake? or how do you plan out your birday party's also do you cook tons of food or have finger foods?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:27 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in General Parenting

• My daughter's birthday is at the end of October. This will be her first birthday, so I kind of want to incorporate halloween into it, but not be the main theme. I was thinking of doing maybe a Tigger/Pooh theme and have orange and black plates and napkins and such.

Not sure yet.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 9:29 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My son's bday is in the summer so we always do a pool party. I got napkins, plates, etc at Dollar Tree (sports theme) My SIL made him a cars cake. We bought two liters of coke, sprite, etc. and got some (about 7 ) ready pizzas at Little Ceasars for 5.55 a piece. We swam ate as we felt like it, then did cake, and lastly did presents.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 9:34 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• The theme? We did our first themed birthday for SS in June... he wanted a Lego cake so I baked him a Lego cake. That was the equivalent of a theme for us.

DS#1's birthday is the day we fly back from my sister's funeral. We'll have brownies and sing happy birthday to him... maybe we'll get him a small present too. He's turning 2, so he won't remember this birthday. No need to exaggerate it.

We usually make sandwiches, hot dogs, and have chips. Sometimes family brings other foods to share. We let the kids play, the adults talk and get together, and then it's time for cake. After cake we have the child open his presents and then it's just mingling time again. We bake our cakes for the birthdays, so we don't spend a lot of money on that. MIL is a cake decorator so she has been allowing me to borrow her things for cakes the past year or so.
    Kenre

Answer by Kenre at 10:27 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My dd first bday is October 4...too early for Halloween for some, but not me... If it's October, it's Halloween!!!!! The only thing is I'm going to put tweety bird on her cake or something (because she reminds me of tweety)
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:39 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My son's birthday theme hasn't changed in 13 years and never will--he was born on July 4th, he has a built in theme.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:54 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• My oldest's birthday is on the 23rd of Sept. We will be having it on Sunday the 20th. She will be 6. It varies from year to year. Usually we eat, then we do the pinata, then the cake, then the presents. I don't think there's a specific way it needs to be/should be done. DD#1's Birthday party is Jonas Brother's themed. My LO's birthday is November 2nd. She will be three this year. She is going back and forth between Minnie Mouse theme, or Dora...LOL...
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 3:53 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• My DD first b-day was Dec. 27 last year. We did My Little Ponies. We wanted o avoid anything even close to be Christmas related for her sake later! We had a small party with snacks and drinks and cake. we did food-gifts-cake. If we had done games they would have been after food before gifts.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 6:42 AM on Sep. 17, 2009

• Depends on their birthday. We didnt do themes for first birthdays and very little theme for the others.

We usually do the cake and sing Happy Birthday. Then do gifts, and then chit-chat.

We dont do huge deals because its usually just us and maybe my mom and youngest sis or my DH's brother and wife.

No games or anything like that, we prefer very simple and very small.

Our kids are summer, spring, and winter babies.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:14 AM on Sep. 17, 2009