seriously the flu

if you feel like you have the flu do you go to the doctor or just let it pass?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:28 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Health

• most people honestly will let it pass and they will be better on their own....a lot of the H1N1 hype is just that...HYPE. Many have had it and not even known...but the media just takes it and runs! Just like the bird flu, SARS....everything. They love to cause widespread panic...

If you feel horribly enough, you could always go to see what they say, but if you can get to feeling better and save yourself a copay and you are not completely miserably sick, then I would just roll with it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• It depends... most of the time, no, i won't go to the doctor.
    If I'm pregnant - I'm a lot more cautious. If I have a fever, then I'll go to the doctor, just to make sure everything's okay and to touch base with him.
    If I have a raging fever without pregnancy, and I feel like absolute crap after a few days, then I'll go.

Overall, I drink a lot of hot liquids, tylenol, and just sleeeeep.
    K_Sawyer

Answer by K_Sawyer at 9:38 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• i always try nyquil as soon as i feel something coming on. i'll drink lots of juice, rest alot and i will gargle with listerine more often too. if i don't get better within 3 or 4 days then i will go to the doc.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 10:41 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

• If I have a virus, I try to not leave the house. The last thing I want is to expose my weakened immune system to secondary infections.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:31 PM on Sep. 17, 2009