Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Im seperated from my husband and were filing for divorce

hes been cheating do i need proof of that to divorce him for adultery,and abdonment of the home????please help,i dont know where to start.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:37 PM on Sep. 16, 2009 in Relationships

Answers (6)
  • First off I want to say I'm sorry for what you are going through. The more proof the better. You can call around to several attorneys. There are a few that will give you a FREE consultation to help you get started and you're not expected to use them. I hope that helps some.

    Answer by lathena at 9:42 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

  • I don't know if you need it to divorce siting adultery, buy it is wise to document everything dates and times as well. When did you find out he was cheating month, day, year, time what was the circumstance and every time you see him with someone (female). You can record your conversations with him as long as you are apart of the conversation it is legal to record, put him on speaker phone and have a little hand held recorder and record him admitting to adultery or whatever may be important for the divorce. Good luck.


    Answer by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

  • in honesty... its a huge reason why people divorce now that it really isnt even taken then more then a slap on the wrist sadly

    Answer by anarosenewman at 9:55 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

  • I am sorry you are going thru this...
    You need to contact a divorce attorney asap and talk to him/her about your opitions.
    Now there are many states that are considered 'No Fault" states which means, it doesn't
    matter who's at fault in the marriage or who may have cheated on who... you don't have to
    prove nothing...
    But go find an attorney who specializes in divorces and go from there...

    Good Luck

    Answer by gmasboy at 10:01 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

  • States vary on the laws..I doubt you will have to prove it..

    Try this website

    Answer by Dannee at 10:12 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

  • Most states don't have divorces anymore where you have to prove adultery. They now have dissolution of marriage which means you only have to state that there are irreconcilable differences. The only place I know that you have to prove anything (to get more money) is the military. Just file and get a divorce. No need to prove anything.

    Answer by admckenzie at 11:01 PM on Sep. 16, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.